Mechanicsville, Maryland dental office eliminates electric bill with solar panels.
Solar Panels in Charles County, Maryland
Solar energy is growing in Charles County, Maryland. Adding solar panels to your home or business is a great way to invest in your future, so making sure you have the right, local partner in your solar energy journey is extremely important.
Each Southern Maryland county handles solar inspections a little differently. We work in each county and know the local Charles County building and electrical codes that affect solar panel installation.
Charles County, MD Solar Energy Incentives:
- Charles County Property Taxes - While solar adds value to your home, is does not add to your Charles County property taxes.
- Federal Solar Tax Credit - The federal government offers an Investment Tax Credit (ITC). Through 2022, this is 26% of the solar energy system investment as a credit on your income taxes.. If a battery backup system is installed and is powered by the solar panels, then the battery cost may also qualify. You may also be able to include other costs related to solar such as a portion of a roof replacement or tree removal. There are plenty of trees in Charles County!
- Maryland Residential clean energy grant program - The Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) offers a $1,000 grant for installing solar panels for qualifying homes and businesses.
- Maryland Battery Tax Credit - If adding battery back up to your solar system, you can get a 30% tax credit for the battery portion of the project.
- Net Metering - SMECO is a great supporter of solar energy. All of the meters in Charles County are smart meters which allow net metering. Net metering lets you give solar power to the grid during the day and build credits. At night when the solar panels are dormant, you can draw on the credit you earned during the day. SMECO also has their own solar farm in Hughesville, MD.
We are also Charles County’s local expert in:
- EV Charger installation
- Solar system removal and reinstallation
- Whole-home backup battery systems
- Commercial Solar